To gain entrance to the EJTC’s Entry Level Trades Training program, applicants are required to have Grade 12 completion including the following courses:
- Precalculus 11 (or Principles of Math 11)
- Physics 11
- 2 years of full-time education in an English-speaking country plus one of the following:
- English 12
- Communications 12
- English Language Arts 12
- English Studies 12
- English First People 12
English is the language of instruction and communication at the EJTC. For those applying without English 12 or equivalent from an English-speaking country, the EJTC will accept successful completion of one of the following recognized English Language Proficiency tests:
- CAEL test with an overall band score of 60 or greater; or
- Cambridge Assessment English – B2 First; or C1 Advanced; or C2 Proficiency; or
- TOEFL test with an overall score of 82 or greater
Applicants must have basic computer skills and access to a computer with Windows 7 or later, and to the internet, for homework assignments.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Those applying with International transcripts showing the required prerequisites, must include a Comprehensive Report (not Basic) from a credentialing service such as ICES. Please check their website to learn about their processing times.